COMING AT YOU THE WEEK OF 10.31.23
What’s crackalackin team?
The other day I really needed my chapstick. Probably because it dropped to 30 degrees here in the great Pacific Northwest and every establishment has their heat up to 80. My lips are doomed.
So as I’m walking in the store, I unzip my bag two inches, shove my hand in, and dig around. I’m staring at the overhead lights in the store as I walk. And I’m digging and digging. But I can’t find the stupid stick.
Finally, I stop walking. I unzip my bag all the way, and use the blessed eyeballs my mama gave me. Low and behold, I find the chapstick super fast.
I call this: our stupid belief that we can save time by not-committing to stuff which ends up wasting more time—every time.
Do you do that too? Even on tasks or projects at work?
I’m wondering why,
A bipartisan group of attorneys from 33 different states has investigated the issue prior to suing. This comes after a whistleblower shared evidence with press—and went on to testify for Congress and British parliament—that Meta was aware of the poor effects their platforms have on teenagers’ mental health.
You could use this tool to:
- Check what other sites—other perspectives—are saying about an image
- Find when the image was indexed by Google
- Confirm if images were generated or enhanced by AI
In place of a product image, these Shopping ads let you see what products look like on you or on a model you pick.
Certain queries will show a large photo (chosen by AI) as the thumbnail with the name of the business and it’s distance in small font below as people search through which business appeals most to them.
pubCenter is created for small to medium businesses and it lets them advertise on their site. For advertisers, this means new ad opportunities.
- Instagram reminder ads can now be featured in Stories and created in Ads Manager
- Yelp’s ad system is now better at matching the right ads to the right consumers
- Google’s testing a way for PMax to get more input from you
- You have to use a certified click tracker for Google ads
- Google officially supports multiple syntaxes for structured data
- New version of chatGPT gives access to all GPT-4 tools at once
- X has 2 paid tiers now: a $16/month option and a $3/month option
- Threads gets polls and GIFs
- 74% of customers say they’ll be reaching out to brands over social this holiday season
- Apple Pay Later is now available for all iPhone users in the US
If you find your team coming together to edit video, then this is a fire solution. Multiple people can work on a video project, like multiple accounts editing a Google doc.
This interview with Robert Cialdini is full of unique, research-backed advice about how to influence others more effectively at work. It’s full of two things I like:
- Info I haven’t heard before, from an expert
- Practical actions I can take
💥 Inspiration: This fresh homepage shows the power of playfulness matched with clear messaging
👁️ This 18-year-old built a better computer monitor that doesn’t strain your eyes
♀️ Dove + Nike are launching a program addressing the high dropout rate of teenage girls from sports
🥸 Why some brands are embracing ‘fake out-of-home’
You can snatch up these free, weekly emails here.